Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
Hybrid Intelligent Systems Architectures and Applications
- Interactions between neural networks and fuzzy inference systems.
- Artificial neural network optimization using global optimization techniques.
- Fuzzy clustering algorithms and optimization techniques.
- Fuzzy inference system optimization using global optimization algorithms.
- Hybrid computing using neural networks - fuzzy systems - evolutionary algorithms.
- Hybrid optimization techniques (evolutionary algorithms, simulated annealing, tabu search, GRASP etc.).
- Hybrid of soft computing and statistical learning techniques.
- Models using inductive logic programming, logic synthesis, grammatical inference, case-based reasoning etc.
- Autonomic computing.
- Hybridizatiion with novel computing paradigms: Qantum computing, DNA computing, membrane computing etc.
Soft Computing for Image and Signal Processing
- Image generation, acquisition, and processing.
- Virtual reality.
- Design and implementation of intelligent signal processing systems.
- Image, video and multidimensional signal processing.
- Speech processing.
- Texture analysis.
- Stereoscopic vision.
- Shape processing.
- Object recognition.
- Image and video retrieval.
- Image and video compression.
Intelligent Internet Modeling, Communication and networking
- Web intelligence.
- Intelligent Search engines.
- XML mining.
- Intelligent networking between Web Sites.
- Network security, intrusion detection.
- Intelligent agents and interfaces for personalization and adaptivity.
- Intelligent tutoring systems on the WWW.
- Adaptive hypermedia systems.
- Web Services modeling.
- Network Management.
- Mobile Internet.
Intelligent Data mining
- Discovering patterns in continuous data.
- Uncertainty management for data mining.
- Clustering algorithms and applications.
- Classification trees.
- Mining time series.
- Distributed Data Mining.
Intelligent Business Systems
- e-learning, e-commerce, e-business, e-finance.
- Risk management.
- Derivatives pricing.
- Portfolio management and asset allocation.
- Stock market, forex market analysis, dynamics and simulation.
- Computational economics.
- Multicriteria decision making.
Intelligent Control and Automation
- Mathematical modeling and analysis of complex systems.
- Knowledge based control systems.
- Adaptive control systems.
- Control applications in robotics, manufacturing, process control, industrial systems, automotive, vehicular systems, spacecraft and soon.
- -Intelligent Agents
- Adaptation and learning.
- Coordinating multiple agents.
- Evolution of agents.
- Models of emotion, motivation, or personality.
- Multi-agent communication, coordination, and collaboration.
- Application of knowledge representation techniques to semantic modeling.
- Development and management of heterogeneous knowledge bases.
- Automatic acquisition of data and knowledge bases (especially raw text).
- Performance evaluation.
- Data and knowledge sharing.
- Cooperation in heterogeneous systems.
- Domain modeling and ontology-building.
- Concurrent engineering and computer integrated manufacturing.
- Digital Libraries.
- Multimedia Databases.
- Kansei Information Processing.
- Models, theories and taxonomies of emotions.
- Emotion synthesis.
- Emergent emotion and emotional behavior.
- Emotion recognition.
- Embodiment of emotional systems.
- Emotions and other affective phenomena (moods, temperament, and personality).
- Applications: Synthetic characters, robots, computational theater, interface assistants, pedagogical agents, music, art, education, entertainment, multi-agent systems, bio-feedback, etc.